Sunday, June 19, 2005

Boat Names #1

I sat atop the St. Alban's Bay Bridge in Excelsior and I watched the boats file gingerly underneath the narrow channel. They were moving from the lake proper to the quieter St. Alban's Bay and had to take turns passing under the bridge. It was quite a spectacle, and I found myself laughing out loud at times. Some boaters waved to each other, and in one very close call, the middle finger was exchanged. - A bicycle trail also crosses over the bridge, and most people passing by thought I was a little odd, if not crazy, when they heard me laughing to myself.
(A side bar: Excelsior has it's share of odd people, the famous "Jimmy" wanders the streets - You know him from the Rolling Stones song "You Can't Always Get What You Want". Jimmy coined the phrase when he met the Stones at a local drugstore. Jimmy wanted a a Cherry soda- and they were out.)
Back to the main story: the preceding photos are just a few typical shots of boat names. Many were boring, most were self indulgent. Some went by my lens too quick to shoot; "My 2nd Wife" escaped my camera. "Old Timer" and "Get Away" were pretty standard. I get nervous when I see the boat called "Heart Attack".

Enjoy my first boat name post.


Note: I am sorry to juxtapose this humorous post with a very sad Saturday post. - The eb and flo.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

f: check this out.

http://www.seattlepressonline.com/article-848.html

who would've imagined there's a top 10!

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's the source:

http://www.boatus.com/names/top10.asp

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã