Thursday, February 23, 2006

I Lost The Suit

My first real art show was at the Vorhees Gallery at Rutgers (Queens Campus) 1978. I was a poverty stricken grad student, but for some reason I was convinced that I needed to wear a 3 piece suit to my opening. The disco era and all. So I ventured to Barney's in NYC and bought a $350.00 3 piece French designer suit. Frankly, it was a beautifully cut suit, custom taylored, hand stitiched and all that. A perfect fit for me when I was 25 and weighed 130lbs. For years it rested in my closet, and every time I looked at it I remarked how really nice it was - I am sure it would cost a thousand today. Well today I packed it up and gave it away to ARC, a service for the mentally dissabled.
Remember -"Disco sucks"?, ...well it really didn't. You should be dancing-ya!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

was it powder blue?

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Thanks for putting such a nice blog out here for all of us to read. If anyone's looking for a charter boat or fishing guide here's a website.

Regards
deep sea charters

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã