Sunday, November 26, 2006

I found a grocery bag - a mystery.

The cart was pushed up against the darkened cart corral, abandoned at Cub. In it was a a full bag of groceries and an Ez Bake oven liner. I went in to Cub and shopped, picking up coffee and miscellenous items, and then returned to my car. The cart and bag still sat there, angled against the corral and a next to a newly parked SUV with “Waleye” vanity plates.

I felt a bit like a thief. I took the bag home with me for examination.
When I got home I emptied the bag, and with it a receipt. A mystery to be solved lay in front of me.

Purchase date: Friday@5pm.

Contents in the bag: Butterscotch morsels, Kellogg Special K, green beans , 9 hard bakery rolls, beef taco salad mixing, small marble rye - and a bottle of Visine with red eye reduction.

Contents listed on the receipt, but NOT in the bag: Beef for stew, skippy chunky peanut butter, celery, 9 raspberry donut holes, onion, Sunrise Scramblers, and a large lemon.

There were (probably) 2 bags of groceries and the baking liner. The owner forgot one bag and the liner. The bag was packed very neatly.

It was 5pm, the day after Thanksgiving.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

The first thought that came to me was... Didn't the shop staff suspect anything... suspect about the suspicious bag???

And then, I wondered if it's some kind of a tag thing....

I'm glad it was benign and you had fun.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã