Saturday, October 13, 2007

Faking it

tailoring 101
"Good morning Mr. Leitch, have you had a busy day?"

This is the cleaners at 101 and Minnetonka Boulevard. They also do taioring, as the sign indicates. I have always liked the sign... my photo is still not as welcoming as the little sign.

Simple story: I purchased a sports coat from J.Crew. It fit well enough, if only I were 4" taller.. the sleeves were too long. I took it to an alterations shop where the woman behind the counter frowned at me. "Cannot be done."
I said that all I wanted was the sleeves shortened about 2 inches, or I couln't wear the jacket at all. It was just for casual wear. - She was adamant. No, it could not be done. I left and went down the road about one block,to the shop in the photo. I explained my fashion predicament. "No problem." She replied, standing in front of a clothing rotisserie.
It was done at the end of the week at a very reasonable price. The moral to the story: one place wanted my small job, one place didn't.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all of the photos on your site. I love photoblogs.

I took the liberty of linking to you from my post at http://www.realestatetwincities.net/lake-minnetonka-blogs/
because I thought it might be useful for my clients who are moving to the area.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog, keep up the good work,
Janet,
hiding on a lake near
Excelsior MN

3:34 PM  
Blogger minnetonkafelix said...

Good luck Kermit!

Janet - thanks for your nice/cryptic comment.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã