Tuesday, January 05, 2010

The Hump

It is my fault. I got lazy after the fifth time shoveling my 68ft driveway and wooden front steps I got slack. When I reached the street, I did a half hearted effort at shoveling- just enough to get a vehicle out. My standards were adjusted to how fast I thought I could hit the pile safely without getting hung up. I decided on "pretty fast".
Well.... our City of Deephaven snowplows continued to service our roads, and a small and very solid glacier was formed at the end of my driveway. I think it may be Winter-permanent. It is not all bad though. It is kind of a challenge, a little piece of Valleyfair in my own front yard. Whether approached driving in forward or reverse, a bouncy thrill ride is delivered.

My snow blower

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The public works department gets all up your knickers if you leave any snow in the street, but they have now problem leaving a pile at the end of your driveway, even after you have finished shoveling!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

whoops, that was NO problem! duh!

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã