Thursday, March 08, 2012

Dakota Trail usage estimates by SRF Consulting

Bridgerider
A recent article about the Dakota Trail states: "The average daily traffic volume of the trail is 14,000" - According to Craig Vaugn of SRF Consulting - a design and planning firm with a location in the Twin Cities. Define an average day. Does this include the full year, or only peak months? I still doubt the trail sees 1000 riders on a peak day. I have ridden the trail many times. Does anyone check verify these claims?

Later note: I think, in all probability, it is a typo and it should read 1400 per day.

Even further note:
If you check the comments this was posted: "I believe the 14,000 is the number of vehicles traveling daily on county road 15. That number is cited in an article addressing improvements to the intersection of the Dakota Trail and County Road 15 in Mound."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the 14,000 is the number of vehicles traveling daily on county road 15. That number is cited in an article addressing improvements to the intersection of the Dakota Trail and County Road 15 in Mound.


I love your photographs!

7:12 AM  
Blogger minnetonkafelix said...

Thank you for the clarification. I concur.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã