Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Free ride

The roads are narrow, the scenes are magnificent. I ride my aging Trek 410 around Lake Minnetonka. This year I have neglected riding because of the weather and my own eye problems (I have glaucoma and my eyes were reacting severly to my medication. Any sun and/or wind were intolerable). The problem is now solved.
While riding there is a 'turning' feeling as you round Minnetonka. You keep seeing the Lake from differnt and beautiful angles. I ride early to avoid traffic and I can see the early morning boaters hitching trailers and loading supplies into their trucks. My circular east side of the lake route is 21 miles, and takes me through Excelsior, Tonka Bay, Minnetonka Beach, Wayzata and back to Deephaven. When I moved here 15 years ago it took me just slightly over an hour. Now, lets just say, it takes a bit longer.
This long weekend will allow me, weather permitting, to get out there and ride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã