Monday, May 15, 2006

The MS 150 and me

A brief announcement about the upcoming MS 150 - a ride from Duluth to the Twin Cities June 9-10-11. I belong to a team called "Stevie's Wonders" and I have decided to drag my bones over this course once again. This will be my 4th time. Our team captain Lisa G. has done a remarkble job organizing this 90 plus member team, making this event a very fun and rewarding one for everyone. Lisa's brother suffers from MS. You do not have to search far to find Steve, he shows up and loves the event. You see the results of your efforts. If anyone asks you for an MS pledge, please contribute.

I will be featuring photos of the event daily on my blog and FlickR... so this is your fair warning. It is a bit of a side venture, but it will allow me to show you "people photos". During my last MS 150 ride I told my contributors I would take an MPG movie of myself at my last stop before heading in. I was so ragged tired and out of it that I bauked. I wasn't sure I would make it. I was suffering from my lifelong nemesis- heat exhoustion. But my vitals were ok, I was not dehydrated, and my jokes had not improved measurably - so I finished the last 17 mile stretch whimpering, with a vow never to do this again if I wasn't in top shape.

So much for that promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã