Saturday, September 30, 2006

Twin Cities Marathon predictions - 20/200

Marla Runyan has Stargart's disease. Her vision is 20/200 and she lacks a focal point. She has been legally blind for 25 years. I share some of the same vision problems, with one fortunate exception. I have one focal point in my left eye (I also have Glaucoma, so there has been other vision loss).
But that is where the similarities end. Marla has run a 31 minute 10K, and a 2 hour 27 minute marathon. I pick her as the female winner, and I will even pick a time since the weather is going to be wonderful. Marla wins: 2 hours and 26 minutes.
The media choice is Mubarak Hussein 41, returning champion (from Albaquerque). The local paper says he is running marathons like a man half his age. Note: It would be better if he was running marathons like a 30 year old.
I will go with Jason Lehmkuhle, local favorite, just to be a loyal local. Winning time: 2 hours 15 minutes.
Of course my vision isn't the best.
Note to runners: The last uphill 5 miles is the warmest part of the race too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã