Monday, October 22, 2007

Speed Trapped!

Let me begin by saying that I was guilty of speeding. Guilty as charged. 15 miles over the limit...45 in a 30. This sounds worse than it was. This newly opened stretch of Highway 101 is four lanes wide. 30 mph is difficult to maintain downhill between Highway 7 and Minnetonka Boulevard without braking. But 30mph is the law and I shoulda known.
On Saturday the weather was sunny for the first time in many days, and I had a song in my heart and lead in my foot. I was driving to buy pumpkins and halloween decorations for my quiant abode. No kidding. I was pulled over, into a quae of other drivers waiting for their speeding tickets. I did not protest. It was simple and straight forward. Here’s my license and insurance Officer. Thank you officer. Drive away slowly.

As a service to my fellow motorists here are some (selected) fees for driving offenses: Effective July 1 2007 - Minnetonka.

Parking violation (city ordinance) 34.00
Careless driving without an accident: 175.00
Fail to obey a stop sign or semaphore: 125.00
Fail to yield to an emergency vehicle: 175.00
Wrong way on one way: 125.00
No valid drivers license: 175.00 (I think offenders get off cheap on this one)
Driving after suspension: 175.00
Expired plates or tabs: 95.00 (here’s your bargain)
Drive (sic) without headlights: 115.00 (note it is plural, does one count? Note: Don’t worry my car has both but my VW bug keeps having one go out about every 4 months).
SPEEDING: 142.00 (how did they come up with this number?) Should be 141.95.
Speeding 20 mph or more over the limit: 209.00 See previous comment.
No seatbelt: 100.00
Possession of a small amount of maryjane (dates me) 125.00

Happy trails!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Did I ever tell you about the time I got pulled over for going 26 in a 25 on the bridge to Cottagewood? I thought he was kidding and sorta started laughing and then realized it was no joke. My sister got a ticket the day they moved in to the neighborhood, too.

I got pulled over at 1:15 am a couple weeks ago on 7, apparently going 65 in a 45. Again I worked my Jedi mind tricks and was let go with a stern warning...it's good to be a girl sometimes.

8:16 AM  
Blogger minnetonkafelix said...

You - warning. Me- 142.00!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã