Monday, February 23, 2009

A Sunday afternoon excursion to Spasso

Spasso
Leaded window
We arrived at Spasso on a crisp Sunday afternoon, between the brunch and
the evening shifts. The wait staff was recovering from the morning crowd,
new servers and staff filtered in. My unkempt look and casual attire usually gets me a seat near the restrooms, but they were kind. Spasso is located on a busy corner, and has windows facing rushing Minnetonka/ Highway 101 traffic.
My wife and I sat at a quiet, dimly lit booth. I look better in this lighting...
We ordered a simple Caesar Salad (named after Caesar's Palace, not the Roman office), and a 12" Meatza - Pizza.
Spasso
We also sampled the Wild Mushroom and Rissotto croquettes with a creamy gorgonzola
sauce as an appetizer (great for 2 @ $5.) Creamy and as our server said " a great comfort food" God bless the inventor of the cow that makes gorgonzolla.
Wild Mushroom and Rissotto/GorgonzollaThese were marvelous and my wife
badgered me to learn how to make these. Why, I thought when you can get
them here?
The salad was fresh and simply prepared. The Pizza was classic Italian,
fire roasted - pepperoni, sausage, a bit of cheese and a lovely marinara sauce. Simple
food and quality ingredients. It was a fine Sunday afternoon.
Chef Damian
Executive chef Damien visited and chatted with us, he confessed to be
camera weary. Spasso has gotten a lot of attention lately, with journalistic crews in Spasso more than once the past week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great food shots, Felix!
I've always liked the whole croquette idea myself ... make a bite-sized treat, pack it all around with something crunchy ... Yum.
-- Robert

5:57 AM  
Blogger minnetonkafelix said...

Thanks Robert - available light was at a minimum.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã