Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin lites

On/Off Pumpkin Lite

The first use of the term "Jack O' Lantern" was in 1663, and used to describe flickering lights in marshy areas that move as you approach.. .always out of reach. Said to be a demon soul carrying coal, condemned to wander the earth.
(Scotland, Northern England).

*** *** *** ***
Speaking of lights... I used to decorate a shock of corn and pumpkins with orange lights just outside my front door. A few ornaments, plastic spiders and lights, that is about the extent of my Celtic Celebration. Then one year, the day after Halloween, I noticed that the lights were out. I examined them to find that they had been snipped by a prankster. In the midst of my corn stock, on my wooden front porch, sparked a live wire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã