Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Take the Lake Minnetonka Polar Plunge.

This a note to Minnetonkascenes readers. I will again be covering the Lake Minnetonka Polar plunge.
2009 Polar plunge
2009 day 1 file photo

Check The Bayview Center for details of the event. From their web:
"The annual Lake Minnetonka Polar Bear Plunge at Bayview Event Center (2011) is the place to be New Years Day (if you’re still drunk, or hung-over from the previous nights activities)…
The 2011 ALARC Ice Dive will be held on January 1, 2011 at the BayView Center, 687 Excelsior Blvd, Excelsior, MN."

The event can be an exercise in virility or insanity according to the side of the couch you sit on... and of course the frigid weather. (One year, just watching, it was so cold I warmed myself with an icicle).
I will be the guy with the low rent digital camera, struggling to get between the Alphabet News cams as they present "The Laughing Morning News". I post pictures same day with my inimitable editing, for that internet immediacy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã