Sunday, March 13, 2011

Broken Trail today. Tomorrow: The Ides of March.

Broken_trail

Act 1. Scene II Julius Ceasar (excerpt)

CASSIUS
'Tis just:
And it is very much lamented, Brutus,
That you have no such mirrors as will turn
Your hidden worthiness into your eye,
That you might see your shadow. I have heard,
Where many of the best respect in Rome,
Except immortal Caesar, speaking of Brutus
And groaning underneath this age's yoke,
Have wish'd that noble Brutus had his eyes.

BRUTUS
Into what dangers would you lead me, Cassius,
That you would have me seek into myself
For that which is not in me?


Note: I admit: I thought today was the 15th. I “leaped ahead” too far. Right into the ancient past and Shakespear’s Julius Ceasar, which I read in my public high school English Class in 10th grade ....and I still remember .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã