Monday, May 23, 2011

Dogs, ducks and New Germany.

agility
The most comfortable creatures at the Pet Expo in New Germany were the ducks. I watched a herding dog give a demonstration, care fully gathering and manuvering a flock of ducks into a small open carrying case. The dog moved with careful, darting moves intended to guide but not alarm the ducks. I was very entertaining and even in the dark, rainy weather, was quite an impressive spectacle. I won a "Blue Cup.
I spoke briefly with a man with 2 Huskies. He had a New Zealander accent, but I have no idea how I reached that conclusion... he might have been an Aussie. He was moving with his Huskies "up north" of Grand Marais to live off the grid for a while. Subsistence, existence.
Huskies of the North
Adopt me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã