Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Toonie on Tonka 2005-2014

4 miles a day walking, herding and being a Sheltie. Toonie enjoyed life. We were shocked when we discovered a few years ago that she had epilepsy. The prescribed medication limited and muted its impact, and her occasional seizures passed quickly. Even with this drawback, Toonie learned quickly, and became a skilled agility dog. A great companion and a classic Sheltie persistant barker. But the epilepsy and medication took its toll, and on friday the seizures were overpowering. The final decision was terribly difficult but the right thing to do. The struggle with epilepsy has ended for Toonie. Toonie is missed.

3 Comments:

Blogger HOA Mgr Lady said...

I am so sorry to see that you lost your puppy. He looked like a great doggie.
Ruth in Oxnard

1:52 PM  
Blogger minnetonkafelix said...

Thank you Ruth, you are very kind. Toonie was wonderful.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mr. Mackey, I am a veterinary technician in Missouri and am editing a book an cardiology. I was surfing the web for random pictures of Shelties when I ran across your images of Toonie. I was initially looking for a place filler picture to show the publisher my idea for the book cover until I could procure an original picture, but after I read Toonie's story I was moved to try to contact you to see if you might furninsh me is an original photo of Toonie and permission to use her image on the cover of my book. If this is something you might be interested in, please contatc me via e-mail at Durhamh@missouri.edu. Best Regards, Ed Durham

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã