Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Cross Fit Memorial Day Murph



Event Sign.

The Cross Fit Athletic Club held an unusual event at the Excelsior Commons on Memorial day. It was called the Memorial Day Murph: This from their Website shows a name fluctuation: “This amazing event will take place throughout the United States on May 25, 2015. Formerly known as ‘Memorial Day Murph’, The Murph Challenge is an extended version of the Memorial Day tradition that so many supporters have been taking part in for the last several years. In 2014, Forged® raised over $250,000 with The Murph Challenge for the LT. Michael P. Murphy Memorial Scholarship Foundation (501c3). With such overwhelming success, the Foundation was able to create and award three new scholarships out of the thirteen that are now presented on an annual basis. The ’MURPH’ is more than just a workout, it is an event that helps push us, humble us, and dedicate a bit of pain and sweat for those who have given so much! Are YOU up for the Challenge?” Frankly I am not up for the challenge. I can do some pullups, perhaps 5-8 continuously. But the event calls for 100. I think I can do 50 pushups, but the event calls for 200. The running part would be easy,...well sort of. I am injured. I was much happier to be a bystander, and I watched through the early events, which were mostly for women participants. I liked that too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã