Sunday, October 09, 2016

The Minnehaha Steamboat seasonal retirement.

37 degrees and a light frost was on the ground.
I ran along the trail Saturday at sunrise, about 7:30 am. The sun had not cleared the treeline to light the clay trail. I looked to my right and saw the Minnehaha sitting on a trailer ready to be stored for the winter. Winter. I took a mental note to come back after my run and take photos of the mustard yellow icon of the lake. Then I forgot all about it.

Later, I reviewed my notes. I returned today and waited semi-patiently for the sun to clear the trees and illuminate the ship. It is rare that I can get around and under the ship to examine it in good light. The sky was blue but windows seemed cloudy.

Oh, I have a book on the restoration for reference.







4 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

I have volunteered on the Minnehaha - love that boat. Every time I'm out on the lake, I look for her. I have often thought about shooting a documentary...

12:04 PM  
Blogger minnetonkafelix said...

If you need sanyhelp let me know, I can be Key Grip.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Thank you - I had one started years ago, but it sort of lost traction since I live about an hour and a half from the lake. I'm sure you've heard of the documentary that actually is supposed to be coming out - Beneath Lake Minnetonka?

7:21 AM  
Blogger minnetonkafelix said...

Yes, Nick I have. The concept is fascinating.

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã