Thursday, July 22, 2010

Deephaven Days Cancelled

I was surprised to find that the Deephaven Parks Committee has cancelled this community event featuring the "worlds smallest triathalon" (my name for it). I have never participated in this event, and it seems that most Deephaven residents did not either. The majority of the participants of the triathalon were from out of town. This was contrary to the events goals, so the Parks Department has decided to rethink the event.
(A triathalon, no matter how small, involves a lot of volunteers and cumbersome logistics).

I have a few sugestions for the Parks Committee.
• Deephaven is literally dog heaven, and I have always enjoyed the friendly encounters I have had walking my dogs around Thorpe Park carrying a readily available, reversible and disposable plastic bag. A community dog walk and dog show would be very instructive, with possibly pet-related vendors. Dog nametags issued of the " Hello- my name is Rocky" variety.
Pet Tribute in the Childrens Park

• OK - perhaps it could be expanded to include other pets, but this could be asking for trouble...

1 Comments:

Blogger Hyden Mathew said...

Keep cold weather at bay with the Minnetonka 14 inch Classic Pug Boot, Sheepskin upper in a casual pull-on cold weather boot style with a round toe. Raised stitch seaming adds rustic textural detail. A pull-on 14 inch shaft with a 15 inch circumference. Foldover wool-lined cuff collar offers stylish versatility. Cozy wool lining and cushioning insole, flexible foam rubber midsole. Minnetonka

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã