Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A ticket in my mailbox

The Mysterious intersection at McGinty Road & 101

On any given day, during waking hours, this is a traffic thorn in the motorist's side, or a railway spike in it on bad days. I have often wondered why this 4-way, semifore regulated intersection has remained a backed up mess for the 15 years I have used it. Finally, it has become clear to me. The city of Wayzata wants it that way, in a (futile) attempt to force drivers to use alternate routes. I will not bore you with the details, but the punitive management of 101, the only road to cross the eastern side of Lake Minnetonka, reflects a local rendition of the paternalistic management style of the Minnesota DMV. - Well, that's my observaton, and I expect my automatic video camera ticket to be in the mail.
- No, there is none at this intersection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã