Thursday, August 31, 2006

Mystery Fireworks

We could hear muffled rumblings, then brilliant crackeling sounds. Boom! Boom! The distinctive sound of fireworks....at 9:30 in the evening on a warm Monday night. The dogs were nervous.
I put on a pair of shoes and wandered down toward the lake in the dark (streetlights are scarce in Deephaven). Gathered at the public landing were a few of my neighbors.
To the west the sky was illuminated by dazzeling fireworks. Big Island, in the foreground, was outlined by the bursts.
It lasted half an hour, and was a very impressive display. I do not know who was reponsible for such a lively display on a Monday night. My simple "as the crow flies" estimation tells me it came from Orono.
The next day I made a couple phone calls, then decided I preferred the mystery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã