Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Moving Target

I was strolling through the Target Greatland Store on 101 and Highway 7 when I happened upon the electric keyboard section. I looked at the little keyboards. I remember these, they were popular back in the early 90s/late 80s....I thought. - Stevie Wonder overdubbing random sounds and playing techno pop.
I tried the $200 model (that's 199.99 in retail-speak). The keyboard sounded like it was filled with air.
I stepped up to the $499.00 Casio keyboard with 61 keys. Whoa!, it was touch sensitive. It looked like a chunk of a real piano that had fallen off. I started to toy with it; a little bass, a little wandering right lead, I thought it was fun. I sounded like a lounge lizard as I "tickled the plastic".

People began to look at me. They thought "this is not recorded music over the PA, this impromptu concert is some clown playing in the store." Embarrassed, I fled the scene like I had been caught at a minor crime. - Better to be caught perusing the ladies intimates.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

You should have just kept on playing, as if you were hired to demonstrate! Better than being caught among the knickers.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã