Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Cottagewood Road, A Temporary View

Cottagewood road, rare view 2
The old white farmhouse that stood here is gone. I never saw the inside of the house, but it harkened back to 19th century era Cottagewood. The property was puchased recently for a price in excess of 1 million (my recollection is 1.4). The house was leveled. Soon a new house will occupy the space looking out onto Carson's Bay. I will say,there have been some lovely homes built in this area in the past few years, I look forward to seeing another. I may post a few photos of the ones I really enjoy, admire, ...and I may exhibit a bit of ownership envy!

Note: - We just made the last payment on our 92 year old cottage (.75 acre lot), in Cottagewood. The dogs are happy too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Congratulations, MF. What an awesome feeling! As a new homeowner it seems like I will never reach that point...

7:04 AM  
Blogger minnetonkafelix said...

Thanks Jenny.
I have seen your house (flickR) and it looks very nice, and I was glad to see you make that purchase. You know I have some paintings that would look real nice....

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã