Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Let the Minnetonka Ice Out Begin! I'm begging....

A Saturday morning walk on the lake
Grandview Point. Taken in 2006.
Every year I post my very unnofficial Lake Minnetonka Ice out. Keep checking, I will give continuing updates.
Traditionally the Ice Out on Minnetonka is "when a small fishing boat can travel unencumbered from Wayzata Bay to Excesior Bay" ...you can get the official dates here: http://www.freshwater.org/iceout.html.
My unnofficial date is more seat-of-the-pants, like: When the first WCCO traffic helecopter shinges the tree tops during a Ice-out/global warming assignment. Or when, the first errant Jeep is pulled from Excelsior Bay.
In other words - I make it up. Right now it looks to be another month. I've got to go shovel. Argh!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Felix. I just come home from a short vacation in Florida where the air temp was warm and the ocean temp moderate. I went to a meeting there which was very helpful. I love the new photos on the blog.

Jessie (from Sat. moarning)
jzzpage@yahoo.com

2:36 PM  
Blogger minnetonkafelix said...

Hi Jessie,
Thanks. Nice to have you stop by.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã