Sunday, September 20, 2009

Nickle Dickle Day Waconia - A dickle for your thoughts.

I was drawn to Waconia by the aroma of brats, cheese curds and a whiff of polka music. You see, It was Nickle Dickle Day in Waconia and I had unintentionally stumbled onto it. I parked on a main drag by squeezing my much derided Dodge Minivan into a space between an extended cab pickup and a custom Harley. Fortunately I had not shaved in few days.

cheese curds

I strolled the crowded streets between the gaping maws of open hooded muscle cars, classic Mustangs, vintage autos and farm machinery. It was very envigorating.... and I felt a slight surge of testosterone. The auto show was excellent. These people take care of these old treasures. To balance things out I browsed the sidewalk sales, and antique shop looking for that forgotten EdwardHopper painting that some had used as a window shade. It was not to be.

Mayberry cherrytop

waconia_fire

Pumpin Diner

Waconia

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Nice! My house is directly behind that grade school in the first photo. I considered the cheese curds but just survived with my pork chop on a stick from Hoppers. What a turn out for our little town...

11:40 AM  
Blogger minnetonkafelix said...

Jenny, Can you tell me why it is called "Nickel Dickle"?

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã