Monday, January 12, 2015

Excelsior Brewery and the Hillbilly musicians

Hllybilly_soul hillbilly bluegrass

A friend visited me the other day. We wandered over to Excelsior to see the sights. I had told him there was a Cross Country Ski Race to Big Isalnd and back that day, and it would be fun to watch. This represented a senior moment. The Ski race takes place on February 8.
I was a month and 2 days off..... and I cannot explain my mental mix up. Excelsior_sign

 So we visited the Excelsior Brewery, which was featuring live music- on a Saturday afternoon. We enjoyed listening to a couple of self-labeled "hillbilly blues" players, who were picking and plucking bluegrass on guitar, mandolin and banjo. The crowd was sparse, but it was early in the afternoon so I took a few shots as I wandered about. Backlit by bright snowy sunshine outside the photos are less than optimal. Watching the game

1 Comments:

Blogger The Nagel Team (www.NagelTeam.com) said...

Curious, I'm a longtime resident of Minnetonka and associate Chowen's Corner with the Bean Cafe area. What might you call the area where Spasso's and Lakewinds is located?

Scott Nagel
SANagel@CBBurnet.com

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã