Thursday, November 23, 2006

Minnetonkascenes interviews OJ.- A breakfast meeting uncensored.

Minnetonkascenes asks: “O.J. is short for orange juice, isn’t it?"

Mr. Simpson replies: “Why yes, that is true. They used to call me “The Juice”, I think it was some sort of compliment. I am not sure... When I ran I just squirted through the holes made by my blockers”

Minnetonkascenes:” You were a great running back and orange juice certainly is a refreshing drink in the morning. Mr. Simpson, if I may call you that, how do you celebrate Thanksgiving?”

Mr. Simpson; “ Oh, I get together with my kids and we eat turkey and stuffing... you know pretty much the traditional thing with a brief reading of the Mayflower Compact. No steak knives though. Can’t have those around anymore”

Minnetonkascenes asks: “Why is that?”

OJ responds; “Well, they are too self referential, you know, Kantian self-criticism. I am a logical positivist by nature and Luwig Wittgenstein, the early Wittgenstein, states that we live a contextual set of definitions......any way no steak knives.”

Minnetonkascenes: Well OJ, that's pretty much all I’ve got”

OJ; “Thanks, and may I say that you take very nice pictures”

Minnetonkascenes: "Thanks OJ"

5 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

I had forgotten he used to play football... And vaguely that he was in movies... Back then, "Simpson" wasn't automatically a funny name, either. How times have changed, Felix.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that a real interview?

10:43 PM  
Blogger minnetonkafelix said...

No, this is a phoney interview. Like most interviews. It is just my way of saying: Mr Simpson, you have gotten a lot of press, even your name, perhaps your whole existence from the media "OJ". Now go away.
Our true Thanksgiving gift was that people objected at a grass roots level to the latest OJ "how I would have done it" interview, and it was cancelled.

2:51 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

I don't have a Flicker account, so I hope it's ok to comment here. I just saw http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnetonkascenes/305021843/ and ... ummm.... am speechless - typeless. It's so bright and pleasing and the more I learn about colors, the more one appreciate art like that.... Thank you for sharing.... What's the material? My uneducated buess is oil pastel on white paper??????

12:42 PM  
Blogger minnetonkafelix said...

Meg,
You are correct. (For other non-flickR people, Meg is refering to one of my new postings on FlickR)
I used oil pastels, Acrylic watercolors on white Arches cover stock.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã