Sunday, May 06, 2007

Canterbury Downs

Asian Wind wins at Canterbury Opening Day

It was a cool and windy day in Shakopee with the flags flying horizontally. It was Opening Day at Canterbury Downs, coinciding with the Kentucky Derby. I enjoyed the mix of Southern Belle attire and beaded, embridered blue jeans and Harley paraphenalia.

I bet on two races. I won on one, Race #8 with "Asian Wind" taking first. I ended up slightly in the black. My wife bet on Curlin in the kentucky Derby to "show". He took 2nd, for another windfall gain.

Our winnings paid for our refreshments and a pizza later that evening.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Hi,
I just happened to stumble on your blog when looking for information about Canterbury Downs. I want to bring my sister for her birthday and I am not sure if I should reserve a table or just reserve seats. Can you make any suggestions? Where is the best place to sit?
I would love to hear from someone who has actually been there.
Thanks!
Jill

jjb190@hotmail.com

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã