Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gale Woods Farm, Minnetrista

Gale Woods Farm, Minnetrista
Gale Woods
The autumn weather was warm, the peak fall colors spectacular. I ventured across the Lake to Mound, then taking a few wrong turns ( who uses a map anyway?) I followed 110 West to Minnetrista and the Gale Woods Farm. Wandering up and down a dry and dusty road to the fields I found the herding dogs competing. The Border Collies were a cunning and athletic lot, covering a quarter mile of hillside in a blink of an eye. It was remarkable to watch the dogs shoot accross the rolling fields, circling and prodding the sheep into narrow corrals and through the broad white gates.
Unfortunately I had the timing on my camera set incorrectly and my shots were somewhat dissapointing.
So - Just Imagine the darting dogs and the sharp whistling commands of the trainers.
herding @ Gale Woods

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã