Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Eat Sea Food - The Blue Point

Eat sea food
The entryway to the Blue Point Oyster Bar is inviting, and offers sound advice. "Eat seafood, Live Longer" - This pictured has been altered on the whim of the writer.
On a rainy Saturday evening in January my wife and I headed over to Wayzata to “The Blue Point” where we have always been thrilled with the quality seafood. She had the live Maine Lobster, and I decided to try something I had never had. Sword fish - on a bed of garlic mash potatoes with a “duxelle sauce”. I was assured that ducks have nothing to do with this lovely sauce:
From the On line dictionary: "Duxelles, pronounced dook-SEHL, is a finely chopped (minced) mixture of mushrooms or mushroom stems, onions, shallots and herbs sautéed in butter"
And really, what guy doesn’t like fish, especially ones with a sword? So I chose the Swordfish and added asparagus with bleu cheese dressing.... and, believe it or not a cup of clam chowder to start.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds very yummy! Of course, here in Maine, Lobster is common fare.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Hm last Sat? We buzzed through there for a glass but couldn't find a seat so we went elsewhere. I am looking forward to staying next time. Nice photo.

11:07 AM  
Blogger minnetonkafelix said...

Thanks Eva... you lucky ....person.

Jenny, We were in there pretty early. BTW, I am glad it was crowded, - we need this restaurant!

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã