Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Caucuses

Vote Now!
A couple of my buttons in my collection.
The caucuses are tonight - I will be heading to Minneonka High School. I wonder if cameras are allowed? I suppose this is a mute point considering the capabilites of cell phones in our world.

cau·cus
Pronunciation: \ˈkȯ-kəs\
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1763
: a closed meeting of a group of persons belonging to the same political party or faction usually to select candidates or to decide on policy; also : a group of people united to promote an agreed-upon cause

Etymology from on-line Etymolgy: cau-cus: 1763, Amer.Eng., perhaps from caucauasu “counselor” in the Algonquian dialect of Virginia.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Would you believe I remember as a little kid singing:
"Whistle while you work.
Stevenson's a jerk.
Eisenhower has the power,
Whistle while you work."

That came out of the deep recesses of my mind when I saw those campaign buttons!
I was too young back then to even know what elections were about!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã