Thursday, June 16, 2011

Buffalo Bill, The Pony Express and I

I, ......, do hereby swear, before the Great and Living God, that during my engagement, and while I am an employee of Russell, Majors and Waddell, I will, under no circumstances, use profane language, that I will drink no intoxicating liquors, that I will not quarrel or fight with any other employee of the firm, and that in every respect I will conduct myself honestly, be faithful to my duties, and so direct all my acts as to win the confidence of my employers,so help me God."
Pony Express Rider Oath

Sitting Bull & Buffalo Bill

At the age of 14, Cody was struck by gold fever, but on his way to the gold fields, he met an agent for the Pony Express. He signed with them, and after building several stations and corrals, Cody was given a job as a rider, which he kept until he was called home to his sick mother's bedside.

My wife has taken a new job with Wells Fargo which has it's roots in the Pony Express. Today she is buying a new horse, an Arabian named "Hardy". I once went shooting with one of the top trick shooters in the United States, who sincerely believed he was Bill Cody reincarnated. I did not disagree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã