Sunday, November 26, 2006

I found a grocery bag - a mystery.

The cart was pushed up against the darkened cart corral, abandoned at Cub. In it was a a full bag of groceries and an Ez Bake oven liner. I went in to Cub and shopped, picking up coffee and miscellenous items, and then returned to my car. The cart and bag still sat there, angled against the corral and a next to a newly parked SUV with “Waleye” vanity plates.

I felt a bit like a thief. I took the bag home with me for examination.
When I got home I emptied the bag, and with it a receipt. A mystery to be solved lay in front of me.

Purchase date: Friday@5pm.

Contents in the bag: Butterscotch morsels, Kellogg Special K, green beans , 9 hard bakery rolls, beef taco salad mixing, small marble rye - and a bottle of Visine with red eye reduction.

Contents listed on the receipt, but NOT in the bag: Beef for stew, skippy chunky peanut butter, celery, 9 raspberry donut holes, onion, Sunrise Scramblers, and a large lemon.

There were (probably) 2 bags of groceries and the baking liner. The owner forgot one bag and the liner. The bag was packed very neatly.

It was 5pm, the day after Thanksgiving.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg Nakagawa said...

The first thought that came to me was... Didn't the shop staff suspect anything... suspect about the suspicious bag???

And then, I wondered if it's some kind of a tag thing....

I'm glad it was benign and you had fun.

11:52 AM  
Blogger lijialefw said...

1.
Welcome to enter (wow gold) and (wow power leveling) trading site, (Rolex) are cheap, (World of Warcraft gold) credibility Very good! Quickly into the next single! Key words directly to the website click on transactions!

2.
Welcome to enter (wow gold) and (wow power leveling) trading site, (wow gold) are cheap, (wow power leveling) credibility Very good! Quickly into the next single! Key words directly to the website click on transactions!

3.
Welcome to enter (wow gold) and (wow power leveling) trading site, (wow gold) are cheap, (wow power leveling) credibility Very good! Quickly into the next single! Key words directly to the website click on transactions!

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã