Saturday, March 17, 2007

Pipe Line

Cub parking lot.
Pipeline 1961-The Chanteys. I sat in my purple VW Turbo with the speakers cranked up loud, I was parked in the back of the lot. A few people noticed. The Chantey's famous guitar rhythms reverberating like a racing locomotive. I thought of 50s Duane Eddie and his "twangy guitar".
I mused on useless thoughts... about early 60s instrumentals. The early surf sounds.
It was sunny and the sound was good.
Ha, ha ha - Wipeout!
Walk Don't Run... The Ventures.
Apachee- The Shadows. The Beatles commented about the Shadows in their anthology. Not too complimetary at that.
Sleepwalking.
Rebel Rouser.
Green Onions and Time is Tight by Booker T and the MGs.
The Lonely Bull.
Before I knew it I was gone with the Tornados - Telstar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ã